html2latex is a Perl script designed to convert a properly formatted
HTML file into a properly formatted LaTeX file.
Version 1.0 is out. It basically is a installation fix for 0.9, but it
also adds the 'kill' tag type which allows you do such things as
major headache for some people. Version 0.9 is a minor release that
supports international characters, quote-expansion, plus a fex bug
fixes. You can dowload the latest tar.gz here.
- It can handle URLs on the command line and in the IMG tag.
- Converts pictures from jpeg or gif to png. pdflatex can have included pngs.
- Renders nested tables correctly.
- Supports most international characters (umlats, accents, etc).
- Converts all headers into sections. This can be easily customized.
- Lists of any form.
- Endless configuration thourgh command-line options or an XML
- It is also very easy to extend by writing your own handlers.
If you try out the software, please go to the feedback site and take the
survey. Or you can put comments in the
forum, or email me. I'd like your suggestions.
- Home - Here
- Package - Link to unzipped files of latest files. Look here for
ChangeLog, TODO, README, etc.
- Documentation - Right now, a man page.
- Download - Sight listing all releases.
- Screenshots - Take a look at what html2latex can do.
- Feedback - Please, fill out a survey and tell me what you think.
All required modules listed below and all of their dependencies can be found here
html2latex requires the following modules for basic operation:
html2latex can use the following moduls for advanced operation:
- HTML::Tree - It requires HTML::Parser.
- XML::Simple - It requires XML::Parser.
- LWP::Simple - Used do download URLs. Requires lots of things; look for Bundle::LWP or libwww.
- URI - Comes with libwww or Bundle::LWP. Also required to grab URLs.
- Image::Magick - If you want to convert images to PNGs.
The easiest way to get these modules is to use the CPAN module.
Try man CPAN.